Hello, all you beautiful people.
I hope summers are treating you well. I know sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn’t. But the one good thing about summers is the wide selection of fruits available during this time, the highlight among them being our very own mangoes. I think mangoes turn out to be an ultimate favorite. I have never had an encounter with a person who dislikes mangoes. Well, it includes me. I love mangoes!! It’s like the perfect refreshing fruit for all your sweaty sorrows. Keeping up with spirit of the summer season, today I have a very special recipe for all the mango lovers out there. Another plus for this recipe, its Eggless!! Yay.
Presenting the Mango cream cheese tart..
Flour- 1 and a quarter cup
Caster Sugar- 4tbsp
Regular Softened butter- About half a cup
Whipped cream- half cup
Cream cheese- 1 cup
Mangoes- two to three (cut into thin slices)
Chopped Pistachios- 1-2tbsp
- Lets prepare the tart shell first. Beat the butter and sugar well. Once beaten, slowly add the flour to his mixture until it begins to form into a dough.
- Grease a 9” tart base with butter and transfer the dough onto it. Press the dough into the bottom and evenly spread the dough to the sides of the tart pan. Use your fingers to firmly spread it to the edges.
- Refrigerate for about 35-40 minutes so that the dough comes together.
- Once the tart shell has chilled enough, take it out of the refrigerator, prick the bottom using a fork, and bake this shell into a preheated oven at 180C for around 15-18 minutes until the shell is golden brown.
- Once baked, take it out and let it cool. Do not hurry at this step. Let the shell cool completely or else you will have a crack in it.
- While the tart shell cools down, you can prepare the filling of the tart. Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and cardamom powder together until a soft texture arrives.
- Carefully fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese using a spatula. Be careful to not over fold it else the cream cheese will split.
- Transfer this filing onto the cooled tart shell and spread it evenly. Start arranging the mango slices on the top of this filling starting from the edges and slowly progressing towards the center.
- Top the mangoes with some crushed pistachios and refrigerate for about 1-2 hours.
- Serve this mango cream cheese tart chilled.
- You can use the Dlecta or Britannia cream cheese. Even the Philadelphia cream cheese works great, just that its a little expensive. I have used Dlecta for this one.
- Be extra careful while you are working with the tart shell. Make sure to not break it.
- This recipe comes out best with the best qualities mangoes used in it. So make sure you use the best mangoes to get the best version of the tart. The taste of the cream cheese and the sweetness of the mangoes is what balances the flavor and makes it extra DELISH!
I hope you have a great time making and enjoying this recipe. Please do share your feedback and reviews. Until next time,
Happy reading and Happy Baking,guys!