Back at it again, with another delicious recipe for all of you. So today was a very hectic kind of a day for me. Also, I have been having a lot of sweet nothings lately. Even though I wanted to have one today as well, but I did not want to have a very heavy kinda dessert today. So, I ended up making this super cool dessert which has so many pros to it. One, its super quick for the making process as it doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. Second, it has apples and maple syrup in it (Both my favorites). And thirdly, it is super duper healthy. A dessert which is delish on your taste but easy on your waist.
Most of you would have heard about hasselback potatoes. But since we are into desserts, we do ‘Baked Hasselback Apples’! 😉
Maple syrup- 2tbsp
Frozen yoghurt-2-3 scoops
Dried nuts- as per taste
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Take both the apples, peel them off, use a melon baller to scrape out the center of the apple halves.
- Now use a sharp knife to make vertical cuts to the apples without cutting through the apple halves, till all the way down. If you need help, keep two chopsticks on the two ends of the apple halves to make an estimate on the cut.
- Take another bowl, add the maple syrup to it. Mix in the nutmeg and cinnamon powder well enough.
- Shift the apples to a baking dish. Coat these apples with the maple syrup mixture and slide well in between the cuts also.
- Bake this dish for about 30-35 minutes until the apples get tender and the color changes to a beautiful cinnamon brown.
- Take out the apple, top it with your favorite flavor of frozen yoghurt.
- Garnish with pistachios or any other dried nuts of your choice.
- Serve immediately and enjoy the delicious taste!
- You can replace the yoghurt with your favorite flavor of ice cream as well. Yoghurt is definitely a healthier option though.
- You can also add lime juice to the maple syrup to give it a kick of taste.
- You can double coat the apples in the middle of baking process halfway for more sweetness. Especially for the sweet-tooth kind of people.
I hope you have a great time making and enjoying this recipe. Please do share your feedback and reviews. Until next time,
Happy reading and Happy Baking,guys!