Another day of doing something quick and easy. My idea of cooking in the kitchen is to do simple and fun recipes. Also, I am a fan of salads. Oops! Did I leave out a spoiler already ? *facepalm*
This recipe has been framed for a collaboration with a fitness enthusiast whose followers have been yearning for wholesome salads. You can follow him on Instagram- @Trainedbyyvs or you ca check out our Instagram post @thegirlwhobakesofficial. Salad making is by far the most quickest and fun-to-do recipes while in action in the kitchen. The recipe that I am going to be sharing today is a ‘Pepper Olive Summer Salad’ which works as my go-to salad for so many occasions. An evening get-together, or a meal when you want to have something ultra light, or simple when you want something refreshing, this recipe works great. So here you go:
Red & green pepper(square diced) : 1 no each
Whole grain pasta (penne): 40 GMs
Sweet corn: 20gms
Rice bran oil/olive oil/oil spray: 2 tbsp
Lemon: 2 in no.
Garlic: I clove minced
Salt: to taste
Crushed Pepper: to taste
Mixed Salad herbs (dry): 1 tbsp
Coriander : few leaves
Peanuts- 1 tbsp
1. Wash the red and green peppers. Boil/steam the sweet corn. Drain well and combine.
2. Boil the pasta, once cooked, strain the water and then wash under cold water.
3. Roast the peanuts with a little salt in a pan. Crush with a morter and pestle. Keep aside.
4. Now let’s move to the dressing. Take a bowl, add the oil spray, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper and dry salad herbs. The dressing is ready.
5. Take a deep bowl to combine all the veggies we have. Add the peppers, sweet corn, whole grain pasta and olives. Pour the dressing on the veggies and mix completely. Sprinkle the roasted peanuts and fresh coriander on the top of the salad and mix slightly.
6. Plate up the fresh salad in a bowl and serve. Your pepper olive summer salad is ready!
- You can also add shredded chicken or shrimps to this recipe. Since we are doing a summer entrees section so we’re keeping it light and easy. Quantity for chicken would be 80-120gms.
- Alternatively, you can also add some honey or jaggery to add little sweetness to the salad.
I hope you have a fun time making the recipe. If you try this recipe at home, don’t forge to tag us on Instagram/facebook. We would love to feature your pictures as our stories. :*
Until next time, Happy baking and Happy reading guys!!