I think I have mentioned it time and again about my love for dry cakes. They are just so light and spongy and easy-to-be. But you know, I also enjoy my share of frosted cakes as well. A cake is as good as its frosting and who doesn’t love frosting? That texture and flavor is already making my mouth drool!!!
When I did the tutorial for the blueberry cake frosting, I got a lot of messages about doing a recipe for Vanilla Buttercream. And I knew what my next post should be. YES! I am sharing the recipe for the smoothest Vanilla Buttercream today. Buttercream is ideally a very dense flavor and I wouldn’t recommend doing that at this time because of the maddening heat, but it truly is, a wonderful and deep textured frosting. Definitely a favorite amongst all! Right? 😉
Unsalted butter (softened) – 1 cup
Pure vanilla extract- 2 tsps
Almond extract- 1 tsp
Milk- 2tbsp to 1/2 cup
Salt- a pinch
Confectioners sugar- 3-4 cups
- Beat the butter on medium high until light and fluffy. It takes you about 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and almond extract and beat on low speed.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the sugar, salt, milk and whip it for good 3-4 minutes.
- And you’re done with the buttercream icing.
- Keep scraping the sides of the bowl while the mixer is on.
- If the buttercream seems thick, you can add more milk. Start with 2 tbsp and you can add upto 1/2 a cup depending upon the consistency you desire for the buttercream.
- And alternatively, you can replace milk with whipped cream also.
- You can also do the whole buttercream into a one bowl thing, by adding everything into a bowl and beating it for good 5-7 minutes. Yields the same results.
- The sugar requirement for the recipe is totally onto your taste. You can add anything ranging from 4 cups to 8 cups.
This recipe makes the bestest vanilla buttercream ever, and I am sure you are going to eat most of it while in the making. I do that all the time. 😉 If you would want us to do any particular recipe, you an reach out to us @thegirlwhobakesofficial on Instagram and Facebook. Keep sending us pictures of the recipes you make, because feature coming soon!
Until next time, Happy reading and Happy Baking guys!