Happy Wednesdays, fam!
A quick confession.
I am a lover of lemon cake. This is one of the most desirable cakes that I can eat forever. I made this cake for Dad this time for Father’s Day Eve and my dad was thrilled by the surprise. He was having his afternoon nap and when he woke up to the sight of this cake, his smile said it all. DAY MADE!!
This cake is an eggless version of the lemon cake. Yeah, I see that grin there 😀 It turned out to be super moist and fluffy. And with that cream cheese frosting on top, it tasted absolutely divine! Go ahead and try this one 😉
For the cake
All purpose flour- 1 1/2 cup
Baking powder- 1 tsp
Baking Soda- 1/2 tsp
Oil- 3/4 cup
Lemon zest – 2 tsp
Vanilla extract -1/2 tsp
Lemon juice- 5 tbsp
Caster sugar- 1 1/2 cup
Milk- 1/2 cup
Yoghurt- 1 cup
Vinegar- 1 tsp
Salt- a pinch
Fresh Blueberries- handful
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
Cream cheese- 1 cup
Softened butter- 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract- 1tsp
Icing sugar- 1 1/2 cup
- Take a bowl. Sift the dry ingredients i.e flour, baking powder, baking soda, lemon zest and salt.
- Take another bowl and cream the sugar and oil together. Add the yoghurt, vanilla extract and Lemon juice. Combine well, and don’t over mix.
- Preheat the oven to 180C alongside.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones alternating with milk and vinegar. Only mix until well combined.
- Grease a 9″ baking dish with some melted butter, apply parchment paper and transfer the batter to this mould. Bake for about 35-40 mins or until the toothpick test comes clean.
- Once the cake is done, let it cool down before you de-mould it. Until then, let’s prepare the cream cheese frosting.
- Take a bowl, add the butter and beat until light and fluffy. Add the cream cheese and vanilla to it. Beat on medium to high speed, adding sugar alongside for about 2-3 minutes until the frosting comes along.
- Spread the cream cheese frosting over the lemon cake, garnish with some fresh blueberries and you’re done.
- You can use the Philadelphia cream cheese or Dlecta as per your choice. Both work well. Use it at room temperature.
- I have used unsalted butter for the frosting, but you can use the regular Amul as well. It is widely available at all stores.
- Do not over mix the ingredients of the cake. Combine only until well done.
Do try this cake and you will definitely fall in love. You can follow us on our Instagram and Facebook handle @thegirlwhobakesofficial. We are also on twitter and Pinterest and post our bakes on regular basis. Spread some love 🙂
Until next time, Happy reading and Happy Baking guys!