Finally posting this recipe today. I have been working on recipes and I apologize for not being able to upload the recipe on the blog. But today, had to be the day. Didn’t want to make any further delay in posting this recipe, Courtesy the love it has been shown. And so, here it is 😉
My family finds cookies as their go-to-binge snack. And the fact that they prefer whole wheat cookies, makes me more than happy that I get to try and play around more with whole wheat over all purpose flour. The slight change that I made in this recipe was to cut down the sugar and replace some portion of it with honey. And they turned out very fragrant and cookie-ish. Also, they taste great with a dump into the milk. 😉
Whole wheat flour- 1 cup
Oil- 1/4 cup+2tbsp
Caster Sugar- 1/4 cup
Honey- 1/4 cup
Vanilla Extract- 1 tsp
Baking powder- 1tsp
Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
Salt- 1/4 tsp
Almonds(copped/flakes)- 1/2 cup
- Preheat your oven to 180C. Line your baking tray with a cookie sheet.
- Take a bowl. Add the flour to it, and subsequently mix all the dry ingredients to it.
- Take another bowl. Add the oil, mix in the vanilla and the honey.
- Fold the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix until it forms a nicely combined dough. Knead it well.
- Fold in the chopped almonds/flakes and wrap the dough in a cling wrap. Refrigerate for about 30 mins.
- Once the dough has chilled enough, knead it once and form small balls from the dough. Place them on the baking tray and press a little using your hand.
- Bake these cookies for about 15 minutes or until the edges get brown.
- Allow the cookies to stay in the oven for about 10 – 15 minutes before you take them out.
- A good way to find out if the cookies are done is the color and texture of the cookie, a good brown and a hard center tells that the cookie is done.
- Prefer to use a cookie sheet on the baking tray rather than keeping the cookie balls straight away on the tray.
- Knead your dough well. And you must refrigerate the cookie batter. It is really important that you do it.
Keep experimenting, as I always say. And don’t be afraid to try an unconventional idea. Because that where the story always starts from. Right? 😀
Do tag us on Instagram and Facebook @thegirlwhobakesofficial and we would love to see your features.
Until next time, Happy Baking and Happy reading guys!