Good evening, readers!
Wishing you all a very Happy #WorldChocolateDay.
And since this day shall not end well, without baking some chocolate goodness, today i am sharing the recipe for my utmost favorite, quicker jacker chocolate cookies. Speaking of cookies, have you tried my Cranberry cookies yet ? You must, if you haven’t already.
In lieu of this day, we are doing my super crunchy Double Chocolate Thumbprint cookies today. The reason i call them double chocolate is because they are chocolaty on the inside as well as outside. And why do i call them ‘thumbprint’, if you ask? Well, scroll through the recipe to know the secret. There are some people who follow the ‘An apple a day, keeps the doctor away’ mantra. And there are some who follow the ‘A chocolate a day, keeps the stress away’ mantra. I think a combination of both is the break even kind of situation. What do you say?
Softened Butter (unsalted)- 100 gms
All purpose flour- 1 cup
Salt- 1/8 tsp
Sugar- 1/2 cup
Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
Nutella- as much as you like 😉
- Take a bowl and sift the flour and cocoa powder together.
- Take another bowl, add the sugar, butter and salt. Using an electric mixer, Beat the butter, salt and sugar together.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and beat until the dough comes together well. Fold in the cashews to this mixture.
- Refrigerate this dough for about 15 minutes. Make small dough balls and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake these cookies for about 10 minute, pull the tray out, and press the center top of the cookie with your thumb to make impressions. Once done, put the baking tray back in and bake the batch for another 10 minutes until the cookie seem done.
- Let the cookies cool down on the rack for about 10- 15 minutes. Pop some nutella into the popped up cookie center.
- You can also drizzle some dark chocolate/white chocolate ganache on the cookies.
- If you do not want the cookies to have a crunchy flavor, you can opt out of the cashews from the recipe.
- I have used confectioners sugar for this recipe, you can use caster sugar too.
- And yes, refrigerating the dough is important.
Once again, a very happy #WorldChocolateDay to our readers. Do treat yourself with chocolate today. Well, i suggest some chocolate everyday, but i guess that’s just me. Keep trying recipes and keep sharing your experiences with us by tagging #thegirlwhobakesofficial.
Until next time,Happy Reading and Happy Baking guys!